Director of Product Management, Property Content Platform, 2019 – Present
Expedia, Bellevue, WA
- Leading a growing team of product managers to help capitalize on property content [test and learn] opportunities identified by Expedia Group brands including Hotels.com, Expedia.com, Egencia, and others.
- Championing the development and adoption of new data science-driven solutions for our evolving content platform.
- Crystallizing and communicating a unifying vision for property content across the organization.
Senior Global Product Manager, Property Content Platform, 2017 – 2019
Expedia, Bellevue, WA
- Led rollout of new smart sentiment-driven content scoring that increased property targeting capabilities by 400%.
- Launched machine learning optimization for image de-duplication that improved identification and resolution of problematic photos by 4x.
- Drove redesign and simplification of all content systems that increased validation coverage to 100%, reduced page footprint by 40%, increased module coverage by 400%, and extended shared components across multiple interfaces.
Senior Global Product Manager, Partner Experience for Property Content and Guest Reviews, 2013 – 2017
Expedia, Bellevue, WA
- Drove the development of an all new native mobile-app experience (as part of the Partner Central App) for uploading and managing hotel photos on iPhone and Android devices. Our efforts led to mobile upload success of 99% and increase in uploads of location images by 500%.
- Led the product teams that revamped and scaled a new promotions business from $5 million to over $150 million annually.
- Pitched and delivered automated sentiment analysis reports which enables hoteliers to mine and gain actionable insights from over 50 million verified guest reviews.
- Proposed and managed efforts from conception to launch to provide a cross-brand awards platform for distributing SEO-optimized embeddable widgets to over 400K hotel partners.
- Led efforts to identify important and missing amenities and fees information using gamification and scoring tools that increased hotelier engagement by over 3,000% and drove content completion scores up by 800%.
- Managed a complete revamp of the media management system that improved image upload success rates to 99.9% and image quality and coverage measures by 200%.
- Drove from conception to launch the development of the first suite of tools enabling partners to curate location-based content for display to travelers on Expedia.com and Hotels.com.
Senior Product Manager, Consumer Mobile Content Portals, 2010 – 2012
InfoSpace, Bellevue, WA
Managed a 10-year-old consumer content portal business. Partnered with engineering and executive teams to adopt cloud technologies, add location-aware content across categories, incorporate new gaming and media content sources, and deliver new mobile/tablet experiences.
- Managed a complete revamp of the consumer content portal solution which served over 3 million users.
- Led a cross-functional (skunk works) team to build an all new mobile-friendly experience that worked across phones and tablets.
- Partnered with engineering leadership to build on a new technology stack as we made the company’s first investments in the cloud.
- Owned the multi-million dollar P&L for the portal business and drive increases in revenue by 5x.
- Partnered with business development and sales to grow our traffic volumes by 8x, increase our advertising and monetization options.
Startup Co-Founder, Head of Product and Marketing, 2007 – 2011
CoachPlace, Kirkland, WA
Partnered with my co-founder to bootstrap a startup that provided listing, engagement, and promotional web tools for over 1K professional coaches in seven countries.
- Built team and directly managed business-related functions including accounting, marketing, and social media content creators.
- Drove product management from conception to launch for all key features including client engagement tools, coach promotional features, learning center, and more.
Product Marketing Manager, Online Video Platform and Media Services, 2007 – 2010
Comcast Technology Solutions, Seattle, WA
Comcast Technology Solutions provides one of the world’s largest online video SaaS platforms serving over 20 billion video views to over 60 million subscribers.
- Managed product marketing for a complete revamp of the online video platform solution that included the transition from Flash to HTML 5 for player SDK, adoption of SOA architecture, and support for mobile/tablet experiences.
- Launched over 22 products and services, developed product roadmaps for new initiatives, managed repositioning, researched ideas, provided analysis, supported sales, visited customers, and presented demos.
- Drove product initiatives that increased hosted video content encoding volume by over 154%, launched social media player that served content to 11 social networks, and launched community features that served more than 100 million requests.
Product Manager for Value Added Services, Consumer Initiatives, and Key Partnerships, 2005-2007
eNom, Bellevue, WA
eNom was a leading domain name reseller and provider of web services. It was acquired by Demand Media in 2006 when that firm raised over $355 million and combined it with over 10+ Internet companies including eHow, LiveStrong, Trails.com, and more.
- Launched over 14 products including multi-million dollar website providing domain re-sales services at Namejet.com.
- Implemented key partnerships with Google and Microsoft and for value added services and consumer sites.
- Owned promotional efforts that grew Hosted Exchange 630%, SSL Certificates 145%, POP Mail 44% and ID Protect 300%.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
BI Data Analysis, University of Washington
Certificate in Web Programming, University of Washington
UX Mobile Design Internship , bloc.io, online program
MBA, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
BA, Technology Management, University of Washington