Senior Global Product Manager, 2013 – Present
Expedia, Bellevue, WA
Expedia is a global leader in travel serving tens of millions of customers in over 60 countries. My teams to take on some pretty fun challenges over the years in the property content space. Together we’ve made some significant improvements to the experiences of hundreds of thousands of supply partners and millions of travelers across our multi-branded worldwide marketplace.
Property Content Systems, 2017-Current
- Currently leading revamp of the Expedia property content platform which collects, manages, and distributes content to power next-gen efforts for travelers including innovations in personalization, machine learning, and sentiment analysis.
Mobile Content Experience, 2017
- Drove the development of an all new native mobile-app for uploading and managing hotel photos on iPhone and Android devices.
Value Add Promotions, 2016-2017
- Led the product teams that revamped and scaled a new promotions business to over $150 million annually.
Awards and Traveler Reviews Management, 2014-2017
- Pitched and delivered automated sentiment analysis reports which enables hoteliers to mine and gain actionable insights from tens of millions of verified guest reviews.
- Led efforts from conception to launch to provide a cross-brand awards platform for distributing SEO-optimized embeddable widgets to hotel partners.
Hotel Content and Photos, 2013 – 2016
- Led efforts to identify important and missing amenities and fees information using gamification and scoring tools that increased hotelier engagement by over 3,000% and drove content completion scores up by 800% in the first few months.
- Managed a complete revamp of the media management system that improved image upload success rates to 99.9% and image quality and coverage measures by 200%.
- Drove from conception to launch the development of the first suite of tools enabling partners to curate location-based content for display to travelers on Expedia.com and Hotels.com.
Senior Product Manager, 2010 – 2012
InfoSpace, Bellevue, WA
Managed a 10-year-old consumer content portal business. Partnered with engineering and executive teams to adopt cloud technologies, add location-aware content across categories, incorporate new gaming and media content sources, and deliver new mobile/tablet experiences.
- Managed a complete revamp of the consumer content portal solution which served over 3 million users.
- Led a cross-functional (skunk works) team to build an all new mobile-friendly experience that worked across phones and tablets.
- Partnered with engineering leadership to build on a new technology stack as we made the company’s first investments in the cloud.
- Owned the multi-million dollar P&L for the portal business and drive increases in revenue by 5x.
- Partnered with business development and sales to grow our traffic volumes by 8x, increase our advertising and monetization options.
Startup Co-Founder, 2007 – 2011
CoachPlace, Kirkland, WA
Partnered with my co-founder to bootstrap a startup that provided listing, engagement, and promotional web tools for over 1K professional coaches in seven countries.
- Built team and directly managed business-related functions including accounting, marketing, and social media content creators.
- Drove product management from conception to launch for all key features including client engagement tools, coach promotional features, learning center, and more.
Product Marketing Manager, 2007 – 2010
Comcast Technology Solutions, Seattle, WA
Comcast Technology Solutions provides one of the world’s largest online video SaaS platforms serving over 20 billion video views to over 60 million subscribers.
- Managed product marketing for a complete revamp of the online video platform solution that included the transition from Flash to HTML 5 for player SDK, adoption of SOA architecture, and support for mobile/tablet experiences.
- Launched over 22 products and services, developed product roadmaps for new initiatives, managed repositioning, researched ideas, provided analysis, supported sales, visited customers, and presented demos.
- Drove product initiatives that increased hosted video content encoding volume by over 154%, launched social media player that served content to 11 social networks, and launched community features that served more than 100 million requests.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
BI Data Analysis, University of Washington
Certificate in Web Programming, University of Washington
UX Mobile Design Internship , bloc.io, online program
MBA, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
BA, Technology Management, University of Washington